quick thoughts
1. My SISTER: so proud of my sister (again!) - I got word that she got a nice, big bonus last week!! happy to hear that her company knows how to take care of its employees.
2. the DODGERS: are scaring me, but they're pulling through. Two bottom-of-the-ninth victories to keep the NL West lead at 3 games. As Chick Hearn used to say "If they lose now, they deserve to lose!"
3. HAIR CUT: got a hair cut a couple of weeks ago & got jacked. I asked the lady to do my sides a certain way. She didn't. I tried to explain & she tried again. Still didn't get it. I explained yet again & she tried one more time but *still* didn't get it. By then, it was way shorter than I had originally wanted. Turned out "okay", but I didn't like it. Moral of the story: if the stylist doesn't get it - cut your losses, get out, and go fix it at home!
4. GOLFING: in Palm Springs in the summer is awesome. my buddy and I got great deals to play at some famous places (TPC - Stadium at PGA West, if any golfers are reading). All you have to do is deal w/ 95+ degree sun! (I'm out here again this week, btw)
4.5 RETIREMENT: these days, I'm living as if I'm retired. Golfing in palm springs, hanging out w/ friends, joined a gym to exercise, and looking for a part time job for a little income.
5. the SAT: I'm such a nerd. So, out here at Palm Springs my buddy is being a guardian for a parachute kid from Korea (parents are there, he's here in H.S.). So obviously the SAT is a big thing for him. But me & my buddy wanted to see if we've overcome the verbal test. (i'd never broken 600 when I was in h.s. - yeah, shameful for someone born in the US, ay?) So I took it and got....740!! Yes!!
(haha, here I am, 32 years old, a college grad, proud that I did well on a test for 17 year olds) What a nerd....
2. the DODGERS: are scaring me, but they're pulling through. Two bottom-of-the-ninth victories to keep the NL West lead at 3 games. As Chick Hearn used to say "If they lose now, they deserve to lose!"
3. HAIR CUT: got a hair cut a couple of weeks ago & got jacked. I asked the lady to do my sides a certain way. She didn't. I tried to explain & she tried again. Still didn't get it. I explained yet again & she tried one more time but *still* didn't get it. By then, it was way shorter than I had originally wanted. Turned out "okay", but I didn't like it. Moral of the story: if the stylist doesn't get it - cut your losses, get out, and go fix it at home!
4. GOLFING: in Palm Springs in the summer is awesome. my buddy and I got great deals to play at some famous places (TPC - Stadium at PGA West, if any golfers are reading). All you have to do is deal w/ 95+ degree sun! (I'm out here again this week, btw)
4.5 RETIREMENT: these days, I'm living as if I'm retired. Golfing in palm springs, hanging out w/ friends, joined a gym to exercise, and looking for a part time job for a little income.
5. the SAT: I'm such a nerd. So, out here at Palm Springs my buddy is being a guardian for a parachute kid from Korea (parents are there, he's here in H.S.). So obviously the SAT is a big thing for him. But me & my buddy wanted to see if we've overcome the verbal test. (i'd never broken 600 when I was in h.s. - yeah, shameful for someone born in the US, ay?) So I took it and got....740!! Yes!!
(haha, here I am, 32 years old, a college grad, proud that I did well on a test for 17 year olds) What a nerd....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home