life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Significant detour in my travels.

Flew back to LA for a couple of days to be with family as my uncle passed away last Sunday nite from a bike accident. He was the oldest among my father's brothers, a military man, so we referred to him as "Captain kun-apa".

Like the last funeral I was at, the days are a mix of blessing and sadness. If you walk around, you'll quickly pass thru smiles and happy conversations of friends/family that haven't seen each other in awhile, and then right aroudn the corner will be the obvious tears and embracing of grieving together.

I hope to write more about my uncle soon. For now, I need to sleep to catch my flight back out to D.C. tomorrow morning.

It was great to see so much family from around the States and Korea; unfortunate circumstances, tho. Lots of crying, lots of catching up.

I must say, it was great to have his grandkids here (my cousin's kids) - they helped brighten my aunt's focus thoughout the day after the funeral service. I guess it helps that they're sooo cute! Josh is in 8th grade, Katie's in 4th or so.

Good nite, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home