blog update, life update
did a small overhaul to the old blog.
One technical change: adding links to blogs I've found since my last template re-working.
One "feel" change:
I never thought I'd be so visually sensitive, but I realized my old blog had a rather melancholy feel to it. A light darkness and a sort of cloudy nature to it. Not sure whether the colors & fonts were it or if that was the stage of life I was in; probably a bit of both.
But now, I want a clear, clean feel to my blog as that has become the new hunger and feel for my life as well. I want to write again, and when I look back at what I've written, I want it to feedback in a bright, clear fashion.
I like this template - just got it out of the blogger sample templates. There's some nice, simple, clean ones there. Click here and check it out!
And one "Content" change:
since the title is so prominent on this template, I wanted the title to be something other than just my name. I picked this one for a variety of reasons. One, I'm hoping to start writing a little more about some of the life lessons God has been sending my way wrt calling, vocation, spirituality, church, and identity. Two, I feel like 'experiment' is a good word because I'm taking a relatively unknown, untaken path (at least in my circles) and it also takes some of the pressure off of having to be perfect.
My life is an experiment - some things will work, some will not. I hope to journal some of that here that perhaps others may benefit (either to say, "man, I'm glad I didn't do that!" or "hmm, sounds like a good idea"), and so that I might gain wisdom from others, too if they leave comments.
More to come...thanks friends.
One technical change: adding links to blogs I've found since my last template re-working.
One "feel" change:
I never thought I'd be so visually sensitive, but I realized my old blog had a rather melancholy feel to it. A light darkness and a sort of cloudy nature to it. Not sure whether the colors & fonts were it or if that was the stage of life I was in; probably a bit of both.
But now, I want a clear, clean feel to my blog as that has become the new hunger and feel for my life as well. I want to write again, and when I look back at what I've written, I want it to feedback in a bright, clear fashion.
I like this template - just got it out of the blogger sample templates. There's some nice, simple, clean ones there. Click here and check it out!
And one "Content" change:
since the title is so prominent on this template, I wanted the title to be something other than just my name. I picked this one for a variety of reasons. One, I'm hoping to start writing a little more about some of the life lessons God has been sending my way wrt calling, vocation, spirituality, church, and identity. Two, I feel like 'experiment' is a good word because I'm taking a relatively unknown, untaken path (at least in my circles) and it also takes some of the pressure off of having to be perfect.
My life is an experiment - some things will work, some will not. I hope to journal some of that here that perhaps others may benefit (either to say, "man, I'm glad I didn't do that!" or "hmm, sounds like a good idea"), and so that I might gain wisdom from others, too if they leave comments.
More to come...thanks friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home