great shows!
1. Dodgers-Giants game on Saturday. Dodgers come back in the bottom of the ninth to win the game and the NL West division! With a GRAND SLAM no less!! It was great - cuz that game put the Dodgers into the postseason and effectively put the Giants out of it. muhahaaaaaaaa! Ah, my poor Giants-fan friends...
2. I watched the movie Tae-Gu-Ki "The Brotherhood of War". Man, what a tear jerker. Korean directors just know how to make you cry. Well, it's that and the Korean culture just seems to be about crying. For me, it was a great movie both in terms of the story itself, but also in describing to me a bit of what my parents probably went thru (albeit as little children). But my dad's oldest brother (the one that passed away this summer), he saw active duty and had some seriously crazy war stories to tell. It's amazing he lived thru that war. He's got a book coming out next month in Korea about his war memiors. I hope someday to get to read it...
3. Next movie I want to see is "I [heart] Huckabees" looks like some comedy about philosophy/psychology/existentialism.
2. I watched the movie Tae-Gu-Ki "The Brotherhood of War". Man, what a tear jerker. Korean directors just know how to make you cry. Well, it's that and the Korean culture just seems to be about crying. For me, it was a great movie both in terms of the story itself, but also in describing to me a bit of what my parents probably went thru (albeit as little children). But my dad's oldest brother (the one that passed away this summer), he saw active duty and had some seriously crazy war stories to tell. It's amazing he lived thru that war. He's got a book coming out next month in Korea about his war memiors. I hope someday to get to read it...
3. Next movie I want to see is "I [heart] Huckabees" looks like some comedy about philosophy/psychology/existentialism.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home