life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

so I'm back in my nomading mode. moved out of the condo, gave it to the renters and now moving from place to place. Got a sort of home base at Phil (Wang) and Nikki's place. (Thanks, Phil & Nikki!!)

moving out was hectic. selling stuff, painting, cleaning, drove a truck down to la, flew back up, thowing stuff out, and lastly finishing up the bathroom sinks & countertops. Ended up needing help on the plumbing. A special friend ended up coming by and donating his plumbing expertise for free, really bailed me out. Renters moved in last saturday, they say they really like the place. Dang right! Man, after finshing the sinks, looking at the nice new countertops and shiny sink & faucets, I started missing the place. Especially cuz I knew this would be the last time I'd be living there as far as I know.

Yup, the refinancing didn't go thru. The lender ended up re-verifying my employment after I resigned and canceled. So now the payments are too high for me to keep long term w/o a job; and I don't plan on working that soon (esp if I end up going to grad school) so I'll probably end up selling the place. We'll see. Bummer. The Lord gives & He takes. No problem. He knows better so I'm sure there'll be a good reason for this.

Side story for laughs - I was taking John Song to the airport. We had just gone to McDonald's for a late breakfast and we got soft-serve cones to go. As I was driving and eating a cone, we passed by a highway patrol car. Passing him was dumb enough - but thing is, I passed by slow enough for him to see me driving with one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the cone. Suddenly I hear this voice - "Get both hands on the wheel!" Not knowing how best to do this, I put my other hand on the wheel, holding it with like 2 fingers while the other 3 held the cone. He was grumbling about something else when I started getting the idea he still wasn't happy, so I asked John to hold the cone. As I did so, the patrolman barked "give it to your passenger". So I did. Then he said "c'mon, you know better" in this really frustrated, disappointed tone and sped off.

Not sure why this was funny, but it was. We kinda chuckled and a couple minutes later I finished my cone. Did make me wonder how many people drive with two hands how much of the time...

I'll respond to those other comments about need/God's glory/balance later. For tonite, time for sleep. Strange - no job, no condo to work on, still very busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home