life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Thursday, August 31, 2006

welcome to downtown LA

so my car got broken into sometime last nite. I came out this morning, right in front of our building, to find my door was already unlocked. I opened the door to find stuff from inside my arm compartment had been strewn around.

The theives were courteous, they only took change & my cassette walkman (which I never use anymore); but left my parking key-cards, permits, and registration papers. Other than them tearing off the plastic on the back window, they didn't break anything else. Luckily, they didn't take my golf clubs which I've been stupidly leaving in the trunk all this time. haha

anyways, filed a report; found out my minimum liability insurance doesn't pay for anything. oh well. I'm surprisingly okay about it all. I guess it was just a matter of time & I knew it. just glad it wasn't worse.

waiting for the feelings of anger & violation that haven't come yet...haha my visibility out my rear view mirror is definitely clearer now!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I hope your night wasn't a total loss hint hint! Sorry to hear about your gride. Man, I've never seen them break into a convertable like that. That's why you get a hardtop convertible. It looks like normal wear and tear, ha!

     
  • At 11:25 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger allen said…

    Luke - haha; dude, I'm desperate, but not *that* desperate! ;-)

    Matt - thanks, meng. next one's gonna be a hardtop for sure!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's time to get a new ride. You had that car since I was in high school! It's time to get a yuja magnet. Haha.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, September 14, 2006, Blogger sung & kathy said…

    doh sorry bro

     

Post a Comment

<< Home