life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

weekend in the Bay Area

So I went up to the Bay Area this past weekend for Sarah Jin's wedding. Got married to a fella named Michael. He's perfect for her - really outgoing, cheery guy. She'll be the quiet, stable force that she's always been. =)

I'm totally getting passed up by the ol' youth group students! haha I should've taken more pictures. Saw so many old faces I haven't seen in awhile. Nina's all grown up and beautiful. Suemee & Livia are glamorous. Eugene's still a rockstar and never ceases to amaze me with his fashion prowess. Jamie's working on her phD. Susannie's graduated from college. Abraham & Willie are married; Yunkee's a police officer. Mike Pak...well, he was always the man and still is.

It was good to see some other friends, too of course. Fellow "older" folks. Pruth's wife Helen is starting her own practice - if anyone needs a psychologist, let me know. I got a ride to the airport on Eugene's motorcycle. First time on a freeway on a bike - I thought I was going to die, but it was awesome!

Anyways, the list goes on; I got to cram in alot of people over the weekend! Then, crazy Harold picked me up when I got back all exhausted & made me go to a Dave Matthew's Band concert with him.

Anyways, the few pictures I took up there...

Sarah Jin got married!! (that's Michael on the far right; I probably should've had him in the picture, too ay) haha

Our Korean rockstar/male model (for some of his other work, click here)

Sung Lee - stately as ever

Cheddie - all growns up!

our newly fob-ized Jane - JFK! (just [back] from korea!)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Tie!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it was awesome seeing you allen oppa! coming up from LA staight after a midterm... man! its college livin all over again. come up again soon, or just move back, which ever is easier. love, ched

     
  • At 11:26 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger allen said…

    matt - thanks!
    cheddie - I just slept today to make up for these last couple weeks of college living. it was way cool to see you too, ched. we'll see where God sends me...

     
  • At 9:55 PM, January 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How dare you have photos of all the Changs minus Jamie?! I miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home