quotes
some nice pointers as I ponder my future paths:
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive because what the world needs are men who have come alive."
"The place God calls you is where the world's great need and your great desire meet."
I don't know exactly who originally said/wrote these (they've been quoted in books I've read).
My "Final Four":
1. Dentist
2. Bible Translator
3. Physical Therapist
4. H.S. Math Teacher
More on this soon...
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive because what the world needs are men who have come alive."
"The place God calls you is where the world's great need and your great desire meet."
I don't know exactly who originally said/wrote these (they've been quoted in books I've read).
My "Final Four":
1. Dentist
2. Bible Translator
3. Physical Therapist
4. H.S. Math Teacher

5 Comments:
At 11:48 PM, June 13, 2006,
Anonymous said…
The second quote belongs to Frederick Buechner. I'm always quoting that one ... I don't think you can say it an better!
BTW, who started that Real Meals business?
At 10:49 PM, June 14, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I say hs math teacher / basketball coach!
At 9:26 AM, June 15, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I go with 5. Sexy underwear model/Tom Cruise nude double.
-munch
At 2:56 PM, June 19, 2006,
chongo1201 said…
math makes the world go 'round...
At 12:08 AM, July 08, 2006,
roberry said…
Hey Allen! I dropped by after reading your comment on my blog. How funny! I've been reading John Eldredge too! Good stuff. You know, just to encourage you, there IS something out there you were made to do, but God may be choosing just the right time to reveal it. Too early and you may not be ready. In my experience, that disquieting feeling is a good one. It's the splinter in my life that keeps me looking for what God is about to reveal.
Post a Comment
<< Home