Dodger Stadium!
So I've finally had the chance to watch the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium! It was momentous! (but not so much as to buy a $30 tshirt! tho I was tempted, I have to admit! afterall, I spend that much on a U2 Vertigo T)
It's funny, I'm a Dodger fan, I grew up in SoCal, but all these years, I'd never been there. I've had the chance to see games at Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field, Candlestick, PacBell Park, and Anaheim Stadium, but never Dodger Stadium.
A variety of reasons; for one, when I was younger, I was as much an Astros fan because of Nolan Ryan as I was a Dodger fan; two, I lived in OC and my folks weren't much on going to sporting events, so never made it up to LA. After that, I was up at college & living in the Bay Area.
Beautiful park! Full of tradition. Huge. Not as 'cozy' as some of the other parks, but it's got history! Looking out to those two scoreboards, I couldn't help but think of Kirk Gibson and Dennis Eckersly...
This year's looking pretty good! (well, until this last week they were) But overall, still very good! Go Blue!!
It's funny, I'm a Dodger fan, I grew up in SoCal, but all these years, I'd never been there. I've had the chance to see games at Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field, Candlestick, PacBell Park, and Anaheim Stadium, but never Dodger Stadium.
A variety of reasons; for one, when I was younger, I was as much an Astros fan because of Nolan Ryan as I was a Dodger fan; two, I lived in OC and my folks weren't much on going to sporting events, so never made it up to LA. After that, I was up at college & living in the Bay Area.
Beautiful park! Full of tradition. Huge. Not as 'cozy' as some of the other parks, but it's got history! Looking out to those two scoreboards, I couldn't help but think of Kirk Gibson and Dennis Eckersly...
This year's looking pretty good! (well, until this last week they were) But overall, still very good! Go Blue!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home