1 year anniversary
yup, it's been one whole year since I stopped working at Oracle. At one and the same time, it seems so long ago and not long ago at all. Much has transpired in the way of arduous thinking & soul searching, joyous traveling & golfing, two funerals, a few weddings, and a new church. But then, not much has changed at all either - I still don't know what I'd like to do and I'm still living at home.
I remember at Urbana, one guy on a missions panel talked about a 3 year period in his life where he didn't know what he or God was doing. He said it was a good wilderness time of purifying motives and preparation for what he ultimately ended up doing - though of course, he couldn't see it at the time.
Like God did for that guy and for Joseph, I've got to believe that He is weaving a wonderful story for my life, for all of our lives, of ups & downs, ultimately for our good, for the good of people we will be sent unto, and to the praise of His glory. we'll see.....(a big difference from last year - these days I'm a little more able to say "we'll see" not so much with a sigh, but with anticipation)
I remember at Urbana, one guy on a missions panel talked about a 3 year period in his life where he didn't know what he or God was doing. He said it was a good wilderness time of purifying motives and preparation for what he ultimately ended up doing - though of course, he couldn't see it at the time.
Like God did for that guy and for Joseph, I've got to believe that He is weaving a wonderful story for my life, for all of our lives, of ups & downs, ultimately for our good, for the good of people we will be sent unto, and to the praise of His glory. we'll see.....(a big difference from last year - these days I'm a little more able to say "we'll see" not so much with a sigh, but with anticipation)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home