back to school
yup, tomorrow, I start my junior college stint at San Bernardino Valley College, baby! I'm so curious what it's gonna be like. I dropped by the other day to buy books and it felt so familiar, walking thru the book store, looking up class sections, paying ridiculous amounts of money for used books...
I'm most curious about what the other students will be like. From the little I saw, mostly minorities and younger people...so I should fit right in! muhahahaa Yeah, here and there I'd see a random old person.
Sunday service, esp the message, was a solid blessing for me. Something I really needed to hear. God is sovereign, God is good, so we can trust Him. Like Joseph in the pit as his brothers sell him off to slavery, I'm in my pit, asking for salvation (the temporal kind, not the eternal one), not getting it, and wondering where God is and if He's listening.
He is, He's just got a different, wiser, broader plan than I do. The way pastor Ron put it, "He didn't save him, in order to save him. Did ya get that?" It took me a minute, but I did, and it ministered to me.
More later on what going to a JC as a 32yr old is like...
[Jaepil - sorry for not picking up - I switched over to your call, but I was a fraction too late! Sorry! Call me again! (tho now that I'll be in classes and then in the evenings, tutoring, I'll have my phone off more often. if it's off, then just leave a message; if it's on & I don't pick up - call back after a couple of minutes, I'll promise I'll pick up!)]
I'm most curious about what the other students will be like. From the little I saw, mostly minorities and younger people...so I should fit right in! muhahahaa Yeah, here and there I'd see a random old person.
Sunday service, esp the message, was a solid blessing for me. Something I really needed to hear. God is sovereign, God is good, so we can trust Him. Like Joseph in the pit as his brothers sell him off to slavery, I'm in my pit, asking for salvation (the temporal kind, not the eternal one), not getting it, and wondering where God is and if He's listening.
He is, He's just got a different, wiser, broader plan than I do. The way pastor Ron put it, "He didn't save him, in order to save him. Did ya get that?" It took me a minute, but I did, and it ministered to me.
More later on what going to a JC as a 32yr old is like...
[Jaepil - sorry for not picking up - I switched over to your call, but I was a fraction too late! Sorry! Call me again! (tho now that I'll be in classes and then in the evenings, tutoring, I'll have my phone off more often. if it's off, then just leave a message; if it's on & I don't pick up - call back after a couple of minutes, I'll promise I'll pick up!)]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home