life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

another random bit before I go down to LA again (this time for Sung's bachelor party - we're going fishing off the coast of Mexico!)

Charles & Jiyeon's wedding last weekend was really nice! Good to see them so happy and to catch up with old friends. Seems like every other guy there was a doctor!

I got to drive a Porsche! Hahm-bun-eh, nah bek-sah-sheep mah-eel-uh-roh dah-nee-uh-suh! Crazy,ay? =)

Tonite, after having dinner with a friend who's going to lead the new east bay small group (we're finally multiplying into a second group! Praise God! and He's even provided a leader finally!), I came home and was quite taken by the night sky.

I looked up to see a full moon. Normally, that's enough to get me gazing - but tonite, there was so much more. The clouds. A fleet of them were zooming by. A constant stream of patches, with lots of spots of clear darkness in between. Staring long enough, I could see the pattern of a rust colored ring that the moon would reflect on the 'back' of the clouds; or rather, the clouds, as they zoomed by, would show that this ring was there.

It was amazing - the size, speed, and number of clouds was breathtaking. I felt like I was watching a migration of dragons going by, and I was hiding out in the bushes; amazed to watch, but afraid to be discovered. [what's the word you'd use to say a "number" of dragons? there's herd of cattle, flock of birds, gang of people, fleet of ships...anyways, way to break the flow, ay?] Mighty creatures of God's creation, these clouds. I could've stared for hours, I think; but life, it's errands, and sleep beckoned me in.

Just now, I looked back out my window to see if they were still there, but the sky is clear now. Just the moon and the night sky, no dragons.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home