A couple of things noteworthy. One significant, the other more for just entertainment.
Small one first - we won the softball tourney!! We took out KPC who was trying for a three-peat. And then played an exciting come-from-behind game against KACSF for the finals. We even ended up in the SF Korea Times newspaper - in color & on the cover even! I'm hoping to put a picture of it up soon. (along w/ all the other pictures I'm waiting to put up...)
Other news is about the two weddings I've been to in these last two weeks.
Last last weekend I went to Donna Lee's wedding to Jasper Bui. What a wonderful story of God's provision. They both went to Berkeley, but nothing happened then; I don't know if they even knew each other. Years later, as they were both on missions trips to China, they meet out there!! The rest is history. Pretty cool story of obeying God and having Him provide.
Closer to my personal circle is Sakura Lee's wedding to John Lee. Funny, Sad, Special.
Funny because I'm good friends with Sakura up here in the Bay Area, and my sister is good friends with John down in the LA area. VKCC people (now HBC) and KCPC people all getting together - many had 'heard' of others, and now they finally got to meet. Funny, too cuz I ended up getting to sing in the wedding. Susan Choi & June Shin were singing a song & they asked me. I was apprehensive at first, but it turned out to be really fun to sing again! It was fun, too to swing dance a tiny bit w/ Sandy Chi.
Sad because Sakura's my first close female friend getting married. As such she's the first friend I'm having to 'let go of'. You know, with guys, though it's not the same, it's not that different. But for a lady friend, I can't be hanging out & having late night conversations anymore. But it made me feel better knowing that she'll be going to church w/ my sister & I think they'll end up being good friends.
Special because I got to see Sakura's inner beauty explode and flourish in wondrous glory. We've always said she's pretty and has a great smile, but this was the first time it came out unhindered and utterly feminine and *beautiful*. And John was crazy happy, too. Seeing him dance all the time was awesome. The whole day, everyone was saying either "this wedding is SO Sakura!" or "this wedding is SO John!" They played dance music for the processional!! It was cool and fitting. Amazing how perfect they are for each other. I was glad to have been a small part and I feel a deep, rich, though slightly mixed w/ a touch of loss, sense of joy for Sakura. Like a dark red. Not the bright, giddy red. Not so dark that it's gloomy, but enough that there is a richness to it. Overall, it feels good. And I'm glad to have shared in this landmark moment in my close friend's life.
Small one first - we won the softball tourney!! We took out KPC who was trying for a three-peat. And then played an exciting come-from-behind game against KACSF for the finals. We even ended up in the SF Korea Times newspaper - in color & on the cover even! I'm hoping to put a picture of it up soon. (along w/ all the other pictures I'm waiting to put up...)
Other news is about the two weddings I've been to in these last two weeks.
Last last weekend I went to Donna Lee's wedding to Jasper Bui. What a wonderful story of God's provision. They both went to Berkeley, but nothing happened then; I don't know if they even knew each other. Years later, as they were both on missions trips to China, they meet out there!! The rest is history. Pretty cool story of obeying God and having Him provide.
Closer to my personal circle is Sakura Lee's wedding to John Lee. Funny, Sad, Special.
Funny because I'm good friends with Sakura up here in the Bay Area, and my sister is good friends with John down in the LA area. VKCC people (now HBC) and KCPC people all getting together - many had 'heard' of others, and now they finally got to meet. Funny, too cuz I ended up getting to sing in the wedding. Susan Choi & June Shin were singing a song & they asked me. I was apprehensive at first, but it turned out to be really fun to sing again! It was fun, too to swing dance a tiny bit w/ Sandy Chi.
Sad because Sakura's my first close female friend getting married. As such she's the first friend I'm having to 'let go of'. You know, with guys, though it's not the same, it's not that different. But for a lady friend, I can't be hanging out & having late night conversations anymore. But it made me feel better knowing that she'll be going to church w/ my sister & I think they'll end up being good friends.
Special because I got to see Sakura's inner beauty explode and flourish in wondrous glory. We've always said she's pretty and has a great smile, but this was the first time it came out unhindered and utterly feminine and *beautiful*. And John was crazy happy, too. Seeing him dance all the time was awesome. The whole day, everyone was saying either "this wedding is SO Sakura!" or "this wedding is SO John!" They played dance music for the processional!! It was cool and fitting. Amazing how perfect they are for each other. I was glad to have been a small part and I feel a deep, rich, though slightly mixed w/ a touch of loss, sense of joy for Sakura. Like a dark red. Not the bright, giddy red. Not so dark that it's gloomy, but enough that there is a richness to it. Overall, it feels good. And I'm glad to have shared in this landmark moment in my close friend's life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home