life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Sunday, August 03, 2003

A few things to note.

Played the 1st weekend of our church softball tournament this weekend. Had two today; second was a close, exciting, nail biter of a game! We lost, but it was back and forth, with like 4 lead changes (in a 5 inning game) - went down to the last out, and they eeked it out. There was a lot of pressure (especially since I was pitching), but I like it. It's almost a drug for me - the pressure & such force me to stop thinking so much (ironically). Can't wait till next week. A good friend is getting married (Donna Lee) and then we've got the second weekend of the tourney.

Came home today & took a walk out by the water. I realized again that I live far enough away from major city lights to be able to see a fair number of stars in the night sky. It's not like being out at a campsite & seeing the sky like glitter; but enough that one could probably see constellations (if I knew any). But I liked just looking up and experiencing the "natural revelation" of a creator God who put all these brilliant sentinels there. (yeah, I took that from Les Mis - but it fits so well!!!) haha

After the walk, came in & was flipping thru channels and "Legends of the Fall" was on. Sooo many deep, rich lines in that movie. Some painful, others less so. "Forever was too long, Tristan" and "I followed all the rules. Man's...God's And you (Tristan), hmph. But they all loved you more. , father,...even my own wife." Too much prodigal's no good; neither is too much older son. Gotta find a balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home