Found the perfect place!! (well, mostly perfect - is there such a thing? like being kinda positive? or mostly finished?) =)
I was looking online doing research on whether I wanted to make an offer on the Foster City unit I wrote about yesterday when I found another unit in the same complex for sale. More space, but more expensive - 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, ~1300 sq.ft. I went to check it out & it was awesome! Big windows on two sides of the unit; facing west, it gets tons of sunshine coming in - really warm. Clean berber(sp?) carpet, clean paint, window in the kitchen, window in the nook, etc. I knew immediately that this was the place for me! So I took a really long lunch and sat with Mrs. So (yup, the one that was in charge of the children's ministry at church - she's my agent) and we wrote up an offer today! They're supposed to respond by noon tomorrow. We'll see if they take it, make a counter offer, or straight up reject it.
Oooohhh, I hope I can get it! It's sooooooooo nice! I could bike to work, take nice walks, see the sunset. I was driving all around Foster City last nite, up and down like every street. I found this one area near this complex near the water, along a bike trail where it's dark enough that I could actually see stars!! Isn't that awesome!? Stars here in the city! Amazing!
The response I've gotten has been a funny phenomenon. As I've been telling people (my parents, my friends, my coworkers), everyone's so happy for me - not that I've even gotten the place yet, but people seem to be glad that I found something I like and could see myself being happy with it. I find it very interesting how as we've gotten older, we even appreciate having moments of hope & joy - let alone the realization of anything we're longing for. I know for some people who know me better, like my mom, they're just happy that I like anything. I'm usually either too carefree or too picky/critical [see entry from 1-31-03] and unhappy. And Mrs. So's so savvy - she'd say "all right! there's hope for you, Allen". (It's funny how many people draw the analogy of buying a home with dating & marrying someone.) But she's referring to her observation that perhaps I'm single cuz I'm too picky & unrealistic - so my being overjoyed at a condo (a very different response from anything even I've seen from me in a very long time) probably appeared as quite a breakthrough. heh heh.
Yup, I'm happy for myself too - even finding something I'd be willing to make an offer on is a victory in and of itself. God provides, dude. He really does. But at the same time, I know this wouldn't've happened if I wasn't out looking at place; and I wouldn't appreciate it nearly as much if I hadn't gone thru some waiting & legwork to get here. God's sovereignty / man's responsibility...go figure. I just like interacting with Him. We'll see what happens. And you know what, I can honestly say I'll be glad with whatever happens; come what may, this gave me a chance to interact with God, feel some moments of joy & anticipation, and in that, to experience God's faithfulness.
I was looking online doing research on whether I wanted to make an offer on the Foster City unit I wrote about yesterday when I found another unit in the same complex for sale. More space, but more expensive - 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, ~1300 sq.ft. I went to check it out & it was awesome! Big windows on two sides of the unit; facing west, it gets tons of sunshine coming in - really warm. Clean berber(sp?) carpet, clean paint, window in the kitchen, window in the nook, etc. I knew immediately that this was the place for me! So I took a really long lunch and sat with Mrs. So (yup, the one that was in charge of the children's ministry at church - she's my agent) and we wrote up an offer today! They're supposed to respond by noon tomorrow. We'll see if they take it, make a counter offer, or straight up reject it.
Oooohhh, I hope I can get it! It's sooooooooo nice! I could bike to work, take nice walks, see the sunset. I was driving all around Foster City last nite, up and down like every street. I found this one area near this complex near the water, along a bike trail where it's dark enough that I could actually see stars!! Isn't that awesome!? Stars here in the city! Amazing!
The response I've gotten has been a funny phenomenon. As I've been telling people (my parents, my friends, my coworkers), everyone's so happy for me - not that I've even gotten the place yet, but people seem to be glad that I found something I like and could see myself being happy with it. I find it very interesting how as we've gotten older, we even appreciate having moments of hope & joy - let alone the realization of anything we're longing for. I know for some people who know me better, like my mom, they're just happy that I like anything. I'm usually either too carefree or too picky/critical [see entry from 1-31-03] and unhappy. And Mrs. So's so savvy - she'd say "all right! there's hope for you, Allen". (It's funny how many people draw the analogy of buying a home with dating & marrying someone.) But she's referring to her observation that perhaps I'm single cuz I'm too picky & unrealistic - so my being overjoyed at a condo (a very different response from anything even I've seen from me in a very long time) probably appeared as quite a breakthrough. heh heh.
Yup, I'm happy for myself too - even finding something I'd be willing to make an offer on is a victory in and of itself. God provides, dude. He really does. But at the same time, I know this wouldn't've happened if I wasn't out looking at place; and I wouldn't appreciate it nearly as much if I hadn't gone thru some waiting & legwork to get here. God's sovereignty / man's responsibility...go figure. I just like interacting with Him. We'll see what happens. And you know what, I can honestly say I'll be glad with whatever happens; come what may, this gave me a chance to interact with God, feel some moments of joy & anticipation, and in that, to experience God's faithfulness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home