life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Saturday, January 04, 2003

Happy New Year everyone!!

Today's been such a great day!! After a very filled holiday week, it's nice to have a quiet day alone doing "normal" stuff - laundry, cooking, some light excercise, and blogging! =) Feels great!

Feels good to be back online, too. I've had a lot of stuff I've wanted to share & write, but this blog format is kinda funny. What I write last comes up first so things come out in reverse order. So if I want to say "hello" then "here are some songs I want to share", I'm forced to choose between being in order chronologically (which is good for time keeping, but tough for reading) or to be in order visually, but out of order timestamp-wise. Aaaaanyways, so I'm just gonna be shallow and go for easy visual reading - writing in reverse order.

I guess I'm just in a singing mood. These 4 songs happen to express and summarize my reflections as I make the transition from 2002 to 2003. I'm actually looking forward to this next year and what it has to hold for me. There's more I want to write about some stuff I've been reading, but I'll save that for next time.

Otherwise, being in SoCal this past week was really good. Got to see lots of family - we actually had extended family together for the first time in several years! - got to catch up with old friends and do alot of golfing. haha! such an ah-juh-shi sport, ay?! But it's fun! And it's so cool that alot of old friends happen to be picking it up - I got to golf w/ SuperDave (Jeong), my family, and my cousins. Sung & I are still jacking each other with our late night conversations - sorry Sung! but I sure do treasure them! Poor Sung, he's always had work early the next morning whereas I always got to go in late. =) haha.

Anyways, let me put some links here so you can check out samples of the songs i quote. You've gotta get the Sara Grove's albums! And of course, Rich Mullins is an old time great classic.

For Sara Groves: Sara Groves - Home
For Rich Mullins: Rich Mullins - Calling Out Your Name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home