SONG #1
...not sure how this got dropped, but I noticed that this last part of my first entry disappeared! (this entry about one of my favorite songs) just had to put it up again; but I guess I'll add some more info this time.
I actually shared this one about 4 years ago in an email when I went on a 2 month leave of absence from work and from church. The melancholy tone very much fits my inward mood when I get deep inside myself. The louder chorus also reflects my desire to break out of this moodiness. In all, this song very much expresses my inner experiences these last several years. The cool thing of late is that the line that sticks in my head isn't the first one so much as the last one.
The last line and the line about being broken, being saved, and learning how to pray. Those have been my lessons & experiences over the last year or so. Prayer has turned into genuine dialogue with God instead of one way "speeches". I now talk with him as a son to a father, as to a real person. As for the "growing young" part, for me, this is the next short stage of my life. For the next few months, I plan on living as God's child. (haha, I guess I should be planning on living that way forever, ay?) Anyways, this next stage of my life will have two main threads: 1. be honest and find out what my likes/dislikes are; 2. live in the trust that God will direct my life. 'Cuz I've been broken now, I've been saved. Learned how to cry and I've learned how to pray. I'm growing young...
Growing Young
Rich Mullins and Beaker
Matthew 19:13-14, Luke 15:11-24
I've gone so far from my home
I've seen the world and I have known
So many secrets
I wish now I did not know
'Cause they have crept into my heart
They have left it cold and dark
And bleeding,
Bleeding and falling apart
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And be growing young
Growing young
I've seen silver turn to dross
Seen the very best there ever was
And I'll tell you, it ain't worth what it costs
And I remember my father's house
What I wouldn't give right now
Just to see him and hear him tell me that he loves me so much
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And when I thought that I was all alone
It was your voice I heard calling me back home
And I wonder now Lord
What it was that made me wait so long
And what kept You waiting for me all that time
Was Your love stronger than my foolish pride
Will You take me back now, take me back and let me be Your child
'Cause I've been broken now, I've been saved
I've learned to cry, and I've learned how to pray
And I'm learning, I'm learning even I can be changed
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And be growing young
Growing young
Growing young
...not sure how this got dropped, but I noticed that this last part of my first entry disappeared! (this entry about one of my favorite songs) just had to put it up again; but I guess I'll add some more info this time.
I actually shared this one about 4 years ago in an email when I went on a 2 month leave of absence from work and from church. The melancholy tone very much fits my inward mood when I get deep inside myself. The louder chorus also reflects my desire to break out of this moodiness. In all, this song very much expresses my inner experiences these last several years. The cool thing of late is that the line that sticks in my head isn't the first one so much as the last one.
The last line and the line about being broken, being saved, and learning how to pray. Those have been my lessons & experiences over the last year or so. Prayer has turned into genuine dialogue with God instead of one way "speeches". I now talk with him as a son to a father, as to a real person. As for the "growing young" part, for me, this is the next short stage of my life. For the next few months, I plan on living as God's child. (haha, I guess I should be planning on living that way forever, ay?) Anyways, this next stage of my life will have two main threads: 1. be honest and find out what my likes/dislikes are; 2. live in the trust that God will direct my life. 'Cuz I've been broken now, I've been saved. Learned how to cry and I've learned how to pray. I'm growing young...
Growing Young
Rich Mullins and Beaker
Matthew 19:13-14, Luke 15:11-24
I've gone so far from my home
I've seen the world and I have known
So many secrets
I wish now I did not know
'Cause they have crept into my heart
They have left it cold and dark
And bleeding,
Bleeding and falling apart
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And be growing young
Growing young
I've seen silver turn to dross
Seen the very best there ever was
And I'll tell you, it ain't worth what it costs
And I remember my father's house
What I wouldn't give right now
Just to see him and hear him tell me that he loves me so much
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And when I thought that I was all alone
It was your voice I heard calling me back home
And I wonder now Lord
What it was that made me wait so long
And what kept You waiting for me all that time
Was Your love stronger than my foolish pride
Will You take me back now, take me back and let me be Your child
'Cause I've been broken now, I've been saved
I've learned to cry, and I've learned how to pray
And I'm learning, I'm learning even I can be changed
And everybody used to tell me big boys don't cry
Well I've been around enough to know that that was the lie
That held back the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons
Well we are children no more, we have sinned and grown old
And our Father still waits and He watches down the road
To see the crying boys come running back to His arms
And be growing young
Growing young
Growing young

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home