Don't really know how to start this entry. I'm kinda speechless but there's something inside that needs to express a deep gratitude. Well, anyways, simple nuts and bolts is this - we had our yag small group christmas pizza party last nite and at the end of our gift exchange, the group gave me a little gift! I was so taken by suprise - I normally don't receieve this sort of stuff (probably since I rarely give them out!) haha. Anyways, in a small shoe box, I found a box of almond roca (which I was to learn someone had gotten at another gift exchange, isn't that funny?) and a little booklet they had made out of construction paper with notes & letters as pages. They even had little logos to reflect parts of my life - music notes, golf, softball. (no computers...have I finally shaken off the geek image!?) =)
But man, those note were sooooooo ministering to me! Expressing thanks in one form another, they offered mini-testimonies and joy that proved to provide some much needed assurance. (one gently rebuked me to keep me humble...thanks, Tony!) =) haha! So yeah, I'm often wondering whether I'm making any difference or if I'm not just granpa Simpson rambling on and on, but I guess the many and deep disfunctions God's been showing me may be of some value in helping these recent grads naviagate into life beyond college. I feel like I should make a booklet for them to thank them for the ways they minister to me. Just being happy, cool, and gracious - they minister the gospel to me everytime I talk to any of them. They're awesome to be around and to converse with, I just wish I lived closer so we could really 'hang out' hang out, you know? But then again, I'm afraid if I did, we'd end up talking all night every night. They're so fun to talk to and be around!
Something funny is that they're always thanking me for coming all the way out to Berkeley/Emeryville to be with them. In my head I'm thinking "hey, I come all the way out here for softball all the time!" =) heh heh. I'll just leave them thinking it's really rough for me. haha. The rest of the night, we played games and hung out - it was really fun!
Anyways, I guess my thanks in return is to offer my praises to God for bringing me to this group. I was coming out of a really difficult period of my life and being accepted here for who I am has really helped. (you were right Sandy, community's really important and really helps) My hope is that we can offer this ministry to others - both in our group and those not here yet.
But man, those note were sooooooo ministering to me! Expressing thanks in one form another, they offered mini-testimonies and joy that proved to provide some much needed assurance. (one gently rebuked me to keep me humble...thanks, Tony!) =) haha! So yeah, I'm often wondering whether I'm making any difference or if I'm not just granpa Simpson rambling on and on, but I guess the many and deep disfunctions God's been showing me may be of some value in helping these recent grads naviagate into life beyond college. I feel like I should make a booklet for them to thank them for the ways they minister to me. Just being happy, cool, and gracious - they minister the gospel to me everytime I talk to any of them. They're awesome to be around and to converse with, I just wish I lived closer so we could really 'hang out' hang out, you know? But then again, I'm afraid if I did, we'd end up talking all night every night. They're so fun to talk to and be around!
Something funny is that they're always thanking me for coming all the way out to Berkeley/Emeryville to be with them. In my head I'm thinking "hey, I come all the way out here for softball all the time!" =) heh heh. I'll just leave them thinking it's really rough for me. haha. The rest of the night, we played games and hung out - it was really fun!
Anyways, I guess my thanks in return is to offer my praises to God for bringing me to this group. I was coming out of a really difficult period of my life and being accepted here for who I am has really helped. (you were right Sandy, community's really important and really helps) My hope is that we can offer this ministry to others - both in our group and those not here yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home