life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

I think I might have used this Peter, Paul, and Mary line as a title before, but here it is again.

In about 4 and a half hours, I should be on a plane headed out to Philly, the City of Brotherly Love and Cheese Steaks.

I wanted to send out a mass email tonite, but unfortunately there's no "all" function. haha No spamming from here, baby.

I'm totally backed up on emails right now, and since I left packing until about 9pm tonite, it's kinda gotten pushed back some more.

There's just so many people to thank, so many things to say to so many people; I've seriously been blessed with so so many good people in my life.

Then again, I keep saying that it's not like I'm immigrating to a far & away county forever. These four years will pass quickly (as have the past few - it's already been 3 and a half years since I moved down to SoCal!) and hopefully I'll be right back here.

Then again, who knows what God has in store - the future is unknown and there are all sorts of exciting possibilities. I just wish I had the faith to live this lack of knowledge with hopeful excitement and not apply my normal pessimism to it. I wish I could sound more excited right now, but I'm just tired. I'm pretty sure the excitement will kick in once i'm there & going thru orientation & eventually drilling my first set of plastic teeth!

For my blog friends, I hope to get back on my blogger horse and update more now. Esp w/ pictures, since my writing is so mundane. yawwwwn.

More to come...from Philly!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, August 14, 2007, Blogger Kit Fisher said…

    Allen,

    Look at you. The decision is made! You're off to Philly with dentistry and and more of God's good work in you in store. There might not be much excitement right now, but isn't there a sense of relief? I'm missing you already. God has good things in store for you. Thanks for the testimony that you sent out to the church. Keep looking to Him.

    Bill

     
  • At 9:29 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger monkey and sabs said…

    Buh bye. I will eat In 'n Out for you. And you have to have wit wiz for me. Will miss your encouragement on the baseball field, I mean golf course :)

     
  • At 12:24 AM, August 16, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    to the rocketman: safe travels and happy landings. and make friends!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, August 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ALLEN OPPA! best wishes! i hope to see you again soon.

     
  • At 1:59 AM, August 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo brotha man,

    That UPenn t-shirt you got for me is sweeeet. I'm gonna have to get you a Philly Eagles T.O. jersey. I hear they love him out there they way we love Lasorda up here.

    I got one of those free Southwest thingies, so I'll be seeing you in a couple of months, meng.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, August 21, 2007, Blogger allen said…

    bitnkill - thanks for the support!
    hannah - wiz wit it is!
    luke - give me a call!
    cheddie - my best to you, too! i know you're gonna do great
    e.chang - i might just adopt the eagles; come out, we'll go to a game!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home