A few bits of small news, random thoughts and observations
(reverting to my engineering way of writing - bullet points)
- funding for my condo went thru last friday 4/25 so I'm the official owner now! all I need to do is move in now - middle of May is what they say. Woohoo!
- flew down to LA this past weekend; shot a 14 over on Saturday - best round of golf I've ever played! David Jeong and I bought each other a golf shirt as belated birthday presents. I'm finding that to be a fun thing to do - go shopping with a friend and buy each other a gift.
- got to spend time with my sister - went shopping at Jcrew, got to buy her some nice clothes - I'm convinced now that I have no sense of style - but I did like what she picked out. Happy birthday, Ellice! Good times, man - you're a blast. I'll have the pictures up soon.
- had a good catching up conversation with Harold today, the kind that fills your heart and just makes you "full" (okay, that sounded pretty gay - but that's how we describe our friendship sometimes - like David & Jonathan - confusing like that; but hopefully not like Ace and Gary!)
- getting ready for Pruth's wedding this Saturday; preparing the best man speech/toast has me realizing what a good guy and friend he is. Gotta get ready!
- go Lakers! returning to their normal form today winning 120-90. Kobe had another insane dunk.
- I play in a co-ed basketball team at work, we won last nite so now we're 2-1. Gotta make the playoffs!
- when I was in Korea, I got to see students there playing basketball - reminded me of Jaepil - dressed up in long pants, wearing a button-down shirt untucked, sleeves rolled up, and moving like him - like when he does his layups, kinda leaning and moving sort of sideways toward the hoop. First time, I saw one guy by himself shooting around and when it reminded me of Jaepil, it felt good to be reminded of home; but later when I saw a whole bunch of people playing like him, it just felt wierd. haha.
- saw a man and a small girl at Supercuts today; the man was either her dad or grandfather, not sure (you know those guys who look old & young at the same time? balding with grey hair, but vibrant eyes and not too many wrinkles) - anyways, after the haircut, they got some icecream at Baskin Robbins and were walking out to their car. I just watched as they walked out, he had his hand on her back as she walked. His walk large and steady, hers faster and with more bounce. I felt blessed just to get to watch. Made me think of my walk with God - to be a child, happy with what I have, delighting in the gifts and more so being in the presence of my Father - rather than being complaining or demanding. But then a new thought came into my mind. I realized that I always take that passage about having faith like a child and seem to only seek out that form of faith and relating to God; but what about growing up and becoming a partner with God? Clearly not a peer, but I've read about the kind of maturity that comes alongside our Father and works *with* him. Again, not doing what only he can do, but definitely at work with him, in some form or fashion. I remember hearing messages about this, but I can't seem to remember passages that consicely point to this sort of relationship. But then again, that's probably because I haven't been thinking of that sort of relationship; or is that the reason why? haha - the old question - needing the word to have our eyes opened, needing our eyes opened to hear the word...theological version of the chicken and the egg...
ok, good nite!
(reverting to my engineering way of writing - bullet points)
- funding for my condo went thru last friday 4/25 so I'm the official owner now! all I need to do is move in now - middle of May is what they say. Woohoo!
- flew down to LA this past weekend; shot a 14 over on Saturday - best round of golf I've ever played! David Jeong and I bought each other a golf shirt as belated birthday presents. I'm finding that to be a fun thing to do - go shopping with a friend and buy each other a gift.
- got to spend time with my sister - went shopping at Jcrew, got to buy her some nice clothes - I'm convinced now that I have no sense of style - but I did like what she picked out. Happy birthday, Ellice! Good times, man - you're a blast. I'll have the pictures up soon.
- had a good catching up conversation with Harold today, the kind that fills your heart and just makes you "full" (okay, that sounded pretty gay - but that's how we describe our friendship sometimes - like David & Jonathan - confusing like that; but hopefully not like Ace and Gary!)
- getting ready for Pruth's wedding this Saturday; preparing the best man speech/toast has me realizing what a good guy and friend he is. Gotta get ready!
- go Lakers! returning to their normal form today winning 120-90. Kobe had another insane dunk.
- I play in a co-ed basketball team at work, we won last nite so now we're 2-1. Gotta make the playoffs!
- when I was in Korea, I got to see students there playing basketball - reminded me of Jaepil - dressed up in long pants, wearing a button-down shirt untucked, sleeves rolled up, and moving like him - like when he does his layups, kinda leaning and moving sort of sideways toward the hoop. First time, I saw one guy by himself shooting around and when it reminded me of Jaepil, it felt good to be reminded of home; but later when I saw a whole bunch of people playing like him, it just felt wierd. haha.
- saw a man and a small girl at Supercuts today; the man was either her dad or grandfather, not sure (you know those guys who look old & young at the same time? balding with grey hair, but vibrant eyes and not too many wrinkles) - anyways, after the haircut, they got some icecream at Baskin Robbins and were walking out to their car. I just watched as they walked out, he had his hand on her back as she walked. His walk large and steady, hers faster and with more bounce. I felt blessed just to get to watch. Made me think of my walk with God - to be a child, happy with what I have, delighting in the gifts and more so being in the presence of my Father - rather than being complaining or demanding. But then a new thought came into my mind. I realized that I always take that passage about having faith like a child and seem to only seek out that form of faith and relating to God; but what about growing up and becoming a partner with God? Clearly not a peer, but I've read about the kind of maturity that comes alongside our Father and works *with* him. Again, not doing what only he can do, but definitely at work with him, in some form or fashion. I remember hearing messages about this, but I can't seem to remember passages that consicely point to this sort of relationship. But then again, that's probably because I haven't been thinking of that sort of relationship; or is that the reason why? haha - the old question - needing the word to have our eyes opened, needing our eyes opened to hear the word...theological version of the chicken and the egg...
ok, good nite!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home