life in the wilderness...


I will run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
- Psalm 119


gayly bedight, a gallant knight
in sunshine and in shadow
riding along, singing a song
In search of El Dorado...
- Edgar Allen Poe
as quoted by R.C. Sproul

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Too busy to write much. Got taxes to take care of (argh!), more of Pruth's wedding activities to attend/plan for (being a best man is some work!), and other stuff. I'm sooo wanting to read all the books I've gotten. Seems like all my talking about stuff I've been reading these last few years has all of my close friends & family getting me books. Some of them I've gotten recently for my birthday:

Instruments in the Hands of the Redeemer - thanks Pastor Ryan! (I'll get it back to you)
10 Commandments of Dating - thanks for the nice note, Harold
Competent to Counsel - isn't this too reformed for you,sis? haha!
Christian Counselor's Handbook - thanks for supporting my new interest, Ellice
Kierkegaard for Beginners - thanks, Jaepil - I loved that afternoon, btw - hit that 3, baby! get that B!!!
and the funniest one...
Dude Food - "It happens to every guy at some pont. You've got to rethink your status as Mr. Can Opener" haha! I love that one! Thanks, Ifang & Alice.

Oh, if it wasn't books, it was clothes for gifts. Pruth got helped pick out a BR nice sweater for me, Emilie got me a VH shirt, & Eugene got me a stylin BR shirt. I guess I'm finally making a move from being a Costco guy to a BR or JCrew guy (tho I still like getting clothes at Costco...they sell Polo there now - cheap!). It's nice to have friends who care & get excited for you wrt changes in your life. This whole paying attention to how I dress thing has been a pretty cool experience - both for myself and in the way of experiencing friendship. Seems like a dumb thing, but when you're stiff like me, it's a big deal! =) haha!

Thanks everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home