Resurrection Day!
Before sunrise, Jesus rises from the dead to fulfill the typology of the Firstfruits. I Cor. 15:23. Matt. 28:1-13. Through His death believers are justified; through His resurrection our resurrection is certain.
-----------------------------------
I want to soak up as much of tomorrow as I can. As an overall change I am trying to make, I want to find a better balance between being a Friday Crucifixtion person and a Sunday Resurrection person. I remember reading somewhere about how people will tend to fall on one side or the other - either focusing too much on sin and not being set free, or overdoing it on being free and not recognizing the need to be forgiven. I'm definitely a Friday person and need to learn to be free. Resurrection Sunday is about a new beginning! A new era, a new life, a new hope. There is JOY in Jesus' living and I want to start dwelling on that! I see now that this is what worship service is for, what reading and prayer is for, what community is for, what singing praise is for - to fix our eyes on the LIVING CHRIST, and there, to find a life-satisfying relationship with Him. Oh how I need His Holy Spirit to help me...who of course, He promised would come. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home